Inspired by Glen and Diggy of MarketingInc.com, I have started a blog to document and share lessons learned in life by me.
My overall plan with this blogging site is very simple.
- Write highly ‘shareable’ content.
- Write from the bottom of my heart.
- Write in collaboration with people who are in my friends and family circle.
- Write on long tailed keywords starting with ‘lessons learned.’
- Spread the blog using my contacts on mails and social media.
- Maintain a strict code of ethics (published at: http://krishmuralieswar.com/bloggers-code-of-ethics-i-vow-to-follow-in-this-blog-about-lessons-learned/)
- Build a small army of passionate followers for my blog.
- Get the home page to rank No.1 for the keyword, ‘Lessons Learned’ by following MarketingInc’s method.
- Collect email ids of followers by using opt-in forms.
- In about one year, start to offer paid content, affiliate content and offer it as an advt platforms for executive and life coaches and trainers related to life education.
I do not wish to make huge monies with it but keep it a strong niche area. I only intend to publish high quality, shareable content.
Write a book and be available in the lecture circuit in India and elsewhere?
Start a podcast and videocast to make content available in all three mediums of text, visual and aural.
Progress so far:
1) Nettigritty hosts the site http://krishmuralieswar.com. It is a Bangalore, India based hosting provider whom I have used for some years now. They are not the best but good enough as a blogging host. I got the site registered months ago but hardly had any content on it. Completely cleaned up after seeing MarketingInc and put the whole thing back on a new dimension.
2) I have written 15 blog posts in the past two weeks. Each blog document a set of lessons I have learned in my life. They are personal and have high emotional appeal to my friends and family and hopefully their friends and extended family as well.
3) My hunch about the content being shareable content is proving to be right. An average post is being shared at least 15 time, mainly on facebook, twitter and Linkedin. One of my posts was shared 120 times in 48 hours. Check it out here: http://krishmuralieswar.com/lessons-learned-from-my-wife-radha-eswar/
4) The site runs on WordPress installed using fantastico scripts using cpanel in my host. Took me about ten minutes to do it.
5) I have built a Help script for setting up WordPress for SEO purposes after reading a lot of content that Glen had written on viperchill, backlinksxxx and marketinginc. I call my script (a To-Do list in a google spreadsheet) SEO Jeeves. You can see it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqv8hYw6itYIdHMzS3J2NVVaa0lkcENMbElla09MeWc&usp=sharing
6) I will try and bring the updates as I owe a lot of my success to Glen and Diggy on internet marketing. I am now a successful SEO and inbound marketing consultant in Bangalore thanks mainly to their teaching.
7) You may notice that some of my methods vary slightly from MarketingInc’s recommendations. It is simply because I have just gotten used certain methods earlier and don’t feel like changing. For instance, I use Yoast WordPress SEO instead of All in One WordPress SEO because I am used to it. I use Studiopress themes because I have already invested in all of their themes. I use Aweber because Pat Flynn got me into it. I still use Google Analytics and Google Webmasters even though Glen and Diggy are not great fans of these. I do it because I am only used to these tools. I do not use them in my tier 1 blogging sites though. I only keep it in http://krishmuralieswar.com.
8) I haven’t yet bought any specific high PR tier 1 blogging websites for this money site of mine. I may do that. Instead, I might simply rent out a few high PR websites from Glen and Diggy themselves like I had done for one of my clients earlier. Their tier blog websites work wonders for back linking. I am in the process of ordering a Snowstorm package from Whitelabelinc.com this or next week.
9) Facebook page is in place. I have six fans, of which one is me myself.
10) Twitter page is in place. I have ZERO followers.
11) No youtube channel yet. I plan to create it soon.
12) No google+ yet. I intend to create one.
13) No other social media yet.
14) Feedburner RSS feed turned on. I have all of ONE subscriber, which is me.
15) Signed up for Copyscape although I do not use it regularly.
16) Signed up for Grammarly.com and my last two posts went through it. I love it.
17) I will keep you posted on a regular basis, at least on a weekly basis if not more frequently.
Wish me best of lucks, folks.
Krish Murali Eswar.