People often tell me that the best episodes of The Smart Passive Income Podcast are the ones that:
- A: Inspire by sharing real results.
- B: Share specific, step-by-step strategies.
- C: Immediately get people to start thinking about their next steps.
Session #99 does all of this, while also shedding light on a new business model that I’ve never discussed before – and to be honest, knew absolutely nothing about.
That’s why I’m extremely happy to introduce Jessica and Cliff Larrew, a married couple (and team!) who has decided to walk away from the 9 to 5 lifestyle and instead build a business which allows them to live very comfortably and have freedom and flexibility with their time.
What kind of business model do they have?
The easiest way to put it is this:
- Go to the store.
- Buy ‘stuff’.
- Ship said ‘stuff’ to Amazon.
- People buy your ‘stuff’ on Amazon.
- Amazon ships ‘stuff’ directly to your customer for you.
In technical terms, this is called taking advantage of Amazon’s FBA Program, FBA meaning Fulfillment-By-Amazon. It’s a real thing, and people are making real money with it.
Amazon acts as a fulfillment center for your business. You sell stuff, they pack and ship it direct to the customer for you. They’ll even handle the customer service too.
Just last year, Jessica and Cliff profited over $100,000. That’s after Amazon’s cut (30%) and the costs to buy the items that were sold.
At this point, you probably have a lot of questions going through your head. Trust me – I did too (a lot), and I ask Jessica and Cliff ALL of those questions here in this episode.
Here are some of the questions that I ask during the show:
- What stores are you going to?
- How do you know if an item you buy is going to be profitable when you sell it on Amazon?
- Why would anyone buy something online for more than it’s being sold for at a store?
- Exactly how does this work – from the moment you buy something to the moment a person receives their item?
- How did you discover this business model, and how did you know it was going to work for you?
- Is this business model for everyone?
- How do you get started doing something like this?
- What are some of the most common mistakes, or mistakes you’ve made doing this?
- How often do you shop for stuff?
- Do you ever buy stuff that does not sell on Amazon?
- What is a typical day like for you?
- Can you share some items that you sell and how much you bought them for, and how much their going for?
- Seriously, is this really possible?
Also, beyond the business model itself, we talk a lot about how Jessica and Cliff got started, and I was also very interested in what life was like as a husband and wife doing business together, since my wife and I have, in the past, casually talked about working together on something .
Before sharing the resources and links for this episode, I wanted to share what’s really cool about what Jessica and Cliff are doing.
Although different than what I usually talk about, it is yet another example of a business model that allows flexibility and freedom in one’s life. It’s not 100% passive (nothing is), as work still needs to be done to find the right items and ship them to Amazon, but you can start off small and grow as big as you want. Also, I love what Jessica says here:
“Our goal has never been to be the biggest Amazon seller out there. Just to make a full time income, that pays our bills, and takes only part time work to do it. We enjoy getting to spend most days at home and being free to do the things we love, when we choose to do them.”
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- JessicaLarrew.com (Special page created for SPI Listeners with a TON of resources)
- Amazon’s FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) Program
- Profit Bandit for Amazon Sellers
For Those Interested In the Fulfillment-By-Amazon Program
Jessica came back to me after the podcast and wanted to share a resource that she created just for SPI listeners who may be interested in exploring this opportunity.
On this page here, she’s linked to a number of helpful articles and reports about her experience with the FBA program, and she’s also included a Quick-Start Guide too, which is awesome! No email addresses required or barriers to get it, you can just download it straight from the page onto your computer and check it out.
Thanks again for that Jessica! You rock!
If you’d like, you can thank Jessica directly yourself by clicking here and sending a tweet.
If You Enjoyed This Session…
Please share it! All you have to do is click one of the social sharing buttons below! Thank you so much for your support, and get ready…because episode 100 is up next.